Providence Health & Services Principle Cloud Security Architect in Renton, Washington
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Principal Information Security Architect our location in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Principal Information Security Architect to support our enterprise-wide security programs and services. Its mission is to strengthen our security posture by delivering a robust suite of cybersecurity protections supporting a solid technology foundation.
The Principal Enterprise Security Architect is a senior resource for business and IT leadership who works with key stakeholders and industry experts to translate security, business, and strategic needs to technology direction and capabilities in a cloud-first approach. The role facilitates planning and participates in the high-level design of technology capabilities, ensuring they meet business needs while conforming to existing or planned direction and security standards. The ideal candidate is a team player who works across the enterprise to integrate and evangelize security, cloud and architectural strategies through communication, cooperation, collaboration and project execution.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The position reports to the Director Information Security and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and leadership at all levels in Providence St. Joseph Health as well as industry experts, vendors, agents, affiliates, and others.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Work directly with business stakeholders to translate business direction to existing or new technology capabilities utilizing a cloud-first approach
• Drive, evangelize and educate security, cloud and technology capabilities and their alignment with business direction and organizational strategy across all levels of the organization
• Familiarity with regulatory frameworks including HIPAA, HITECH, SOC 2, COPPA & PCI DSS and cyber security frameworks & controls including NIST 800-53, NIST Cybersecurity Framework and ISO 27001/02/18
• Understanding of the optimal use cases for IaaS, PaaS & SaaS solutions in healthcare
• Ability to demonstrate how technology can enable business and clinical processes
• Understanding of how technology and cloud services will change the threat landscape for healthcare IT
• Fluently communicate the benefits and detractions of comparable solutions, in order to help stakeholders arrive at a decision
• Identify gaps and coordinate conversations between stakeholders in a large, geo-diverse organization fostering an enterprise approach for all solutions
• Participate in the development and evolution of the PSJH Enterprise Architecture (EA) program
• Participate in the security and architecture governance and assurance program
• Align the technology selection processes with business needs and industry direction
• Enable and assist technology teams in business <-> technology alignment
• Develop cloud security programs and roadmaps
• Contribute to planning complex initiatives by identifying security and technology gaps in process, technology, and personnel, and the changes required for success
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Prior cloud architecture or engineering experience in Azure and/or AWS.
• Prior enterprise level security architecture or leadership role.
• Technology design or architecture experience - 3 years.
• Infrastructure systems (network, server, telecom) implementation, support, analysis and/or design experience – 10 years.
• Must have experience providing technical and/or work process guidance and direction to team members at all professional levels.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Master's degree is preferred.
• Active participation in security and technology industry groups desired.
• Active CISSP, CCSP, TOGAF or equivalent are preferred.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Infrastructure
Other Location(s): Oregon-Portland, Oregon-Beaverton, California-Irvine
Req ID: 241596