Providence Health & Services Population Health Clinical Coordinator (CMA or CPT) in Renton, Washington
Providence is calling a Population Health Clinical Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Day) to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Please note: This is a desk job. No face to face patient interaction.
The Population Health Resource Specialist is responsible for coordinating multiple aspects of care for patients with chronic diseases within the Providence Medical Group (PMG). Daily work includes facilitating patient screening, management of preventative care, and supporting optimization of chronic disease treatments. This position is the liaison between PMG physicians, specialist offices, patients, multiple Providence Health System Scheduling and modality (e.g., Laboratory) departments, and freestanding laboratory centers. This position also serves as an expert resource to PMG providers, staff and patients in regard to the disease management programs and related processes.
In this position you will :
• Triage clinical disease registries and prioritize coordination of patient’s chronic care needs.
• Act as a resource and contact for the PMG Disease Management Program and provides technical assistance to the clinical staff and/or Clinical Pharmacy Specialists. Serve as a liaison and resource to the clinic staff and the patient for optimizing the coordination of care and immediate problem resolution. Delegate tasks among team members to ensure the best patient outcomes.
• Coordinate the Disease Management and Primary Care Provider scheduling processes for PMG patients in a centralized department setting.
• Use scheduling systems and understand different protocols for laboratory services at multiple Providence Health System facilities and freestanding laboratory centers within specified time frames.
• Navigate data system(s) to research and / or record pertinent information in compliance with policies. Review patient chart to obtain documentation of requested services.
• Receive and appropriately address phone calls from patients. Identify urgent or emergent situations and respond appropriately.
• Utilize motivational and coaching techniques as necessary to remove barriers to care and engage patients in patient’s own care.
• Perform other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program and currently certified through a nationally recognized Medical Assistant program such as AAMA, AMT, (RMA) or NCCT
OR Certified Pharmacy Technician.
High school diploma or GED.
For Nationally Certified Medical Assistant , a minimum of 1 years of medical assisting work experience preferred, or a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
If Certified Pharmacy Technician, a minimum of 1 years of work experience in primary care or health plan environment preferred, or a minimum of 5 years of related experience
Knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, medical decision making, and prior experience in utilizing disease registries or similar databases.
Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with preferred experience in motivational interviewing / coaching.
Experience with electronic medical records and/or computerized billing systems required.
Computer skills including Microsoft Windows and Office Applications (Word, Access, and Excel).
Excellent typing skills (60 WPM), computer keyboard and mouse skills for expedited data processing.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
EPIC, CareManager, or other care management software experience.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support
Req ID: 220278