Providence Manager, Revenue Cycle Program Management - Telecommute (OR,CA,WA,AK,MT,TX,NM - Only) in Renton, Washington
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Manager, Revenue Cycle Program Management (telecomute) to our location in WA, CA, AK, TX, MT, OR, NM Only.
We are seeking a Manager, Revenue Cycle Program Management to deliver business value through leading a team involved in developing, planning and managing a program or portfolio of high priority work initiatives within One Revenue Cycle. The programs may be pillar based and involve an account management component as well as management of the high priority work initiatives documented in a road map. Alternatively the programs may be program management of a portfolio of high priority work initiatives that are cross pillar, cross functional or ORC wide. The Manager, Revenue Cycle Program Management is a trusted business advisor, building and maintaining strong working relationships with ORC leaders and other key stakeholders to identify and meet long term business needs. Also, this role is accountable in the delivery of program outcomes within the scope of the One Revenue Cycle Strategic Program. Lastly, this role provide coaching and mentoring for other Program Managers in Revenue Cycle on project management methodologies, approaches and tools and uses these skills at an advanced level.
Other responsibilities include identification of adequate staffing, leading cross-functional project teams, identifying and obtaining resources needed, identification of major organizational process impact and completion within constraints of scope, time, budget, and quality.
The position also promotes cost effectiveness and operational efficiency in the oversight of projects and communications that align to the ORC program strategy.
Lastly, the incumbent must perform all duties in a manner that promote the Providence mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, the incumbent serve as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
The position reports to the Director of Revenue Cycle Program Management and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and staff at all levels in Providence Strategic and Management Services (PSMS), as well as with other Providence Health & Services staff, vendors, agents, and others.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Lead a team involved in providing program management support to Revenue Cycle leadership.
• Provide coaching and mentoring for other Program Managers in Revenue Cycle on project management methodologies, approaches and tools and uses these skills at an advanced level.
• Manage the work activities and performance of Project Managers – ORC to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
• Develop, plan and manage a program of high priority work initiatives within One Revenue Cycle including:
o Pillar based and involving an account management component as well as management of the high priority work initiatives documented in a road map
o Program management of a book of work of high priority work initiatives that are cross pillar, cross functional or ORC wide
• Manage multiple business initiatives and implementation project(s) ensuring on time, within budget delivery:
o Manage all phases of delivery including: initiating, planning, executing, tracking, escalating and resolving issues, documentation, change management and closing a project.
o Control, track and report on schedules, budget, and metrics.
o Staff and manage all aspects of a project to ensure that deliverables are fulfilled.
o Provide coordination, communication, and structure.
o Prepare detailed plans.
o Negotiate for required resources including budget and staff.
o Assigning tasks to team members.
o Identifying risks and developing mitigation strategies.
o Reconciling and reporting discrepancies to budget and schedule.
o Documenting initiative successes and needs.
o Assigning responsibilities where appropriate and reporting regularly on status updates.
o Holding project initiation, status, and closure meetings.
• Provides trusted advice to ORC leaders and key stakeholders, including pillar leaders in the identification of business needs, prioritization of projects/initiatives, development of the roadmap, and in achievement of business plans.
• Ensures all interactions reflect true servant leadership, and are customer focused.
• Facilitates decisions about where to invest efforts based on established priorities as demonstrated by: completing assignments on time; communicating with customers and supervisors regarding prioritization and target completion dates based on business need or impact. Managing virtual project teams in carrying out projects. Manage Requests for Proposals (RFPs) as required, ensuring consistent and timely stakeholder communications.
• Identifies, documents and monitors metrics for program performance; prepares presentations on program status and related matters; compiles and manages to the data; and notifies stakeholders of problems affecting timelines and resources.
• Serves as a department liaison and principal contact for project-related activity. Manages and integrates groups of diverse disciplines in collaborative activities by acting as key liaison and facilitating cross-function communication.
• Represents ORC to other Regions, areas of the organization, vendors, and companies outside of the Providence Health & Services. Actively support and incorporate mission into daily activities.
• Proactively identifies, manages, and communicates issues and risks, diplomatically escalating as appropriate through areas affected. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variables. Exercises sound judgment and expertise in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Uses a solid understanding of Change Management principals to lead customer Change Acceleration Process meetings and/or Work-Outs.
• Develop and maintain partnerships with project owners and manage customer expectations.
• Facilitate issues resolution, timely and appropriate escalation and document management.
• Represent the revenue cycle to stakeholders.
• Assist in assessing training needs of staff and customers.
• Identify, document, resolve and escalate major issues and project deadline changes.
• Provide regular and ad-hoc status and management reports, including contributing to any project dashboard.
• Recommend, develop and implement new and changed revenue cycle policies, procedures, guidelines and processes as they relate to business and project reviews.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of expertise such as business or finance or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in managing programs of high priority business initiatives including managing multiple projects to achieve identified project portfolio objectives.
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a healthcare organization is required.
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in revenue cycle is required.
Supervisory or management experience is required.
PMP is required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
CAP or other change management certification or training.
Lean or Six Sigma certification or training.
About the department you will serve.
One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work throughout Providence Health & Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska to California. ORC’s objective is to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Lead/Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 283533