Providence Health & Services Executive Director, IS Strategy in Renton, Washington
The Executive Director, IS Strategy is responsible for developing and implementing the strategic planning and rhythm of the business structure for PSJH IS. In partnership with the GVP of IS Strategy & PMO and the rest of the IS Executive Team (ISET), the Executive Director will establish the cadence, forums and business management artifacts (metrics, scorecards, dashboards, templates) necessary to drive ongoing execution and monitoring of key strategies across the organization. This framework will enable IS to achieve its strategic goals, identify key trends, risks and opportunities and drive alignment within IS and across a broad range of key stakeholder groups and individuals system wide. The Executive Director will also be responsible for, in partnership with System Finance, streamline financial processes that enable the IS organization to monitor and manage budget, forecast and long range investment and de-investment planning. Also, the Executive Director will be responsible to partner with HR and the ISET to develop and drive the right cadence and focus actions around key people processes such as talent reviews, succession planning and sponsoring and supporting grass roots activity in the organization around caregiver engagement with focus on the organization's mission and values. The Executive Director, in partnership with the GVP IS Strategy & PMO, will be responsible for building and driving the governance progress to ensure IS resources are fully allocated to the right strategic priorities. The Executive Director will have responsibility for specific projects aimed at identifying and realizing efficiencies in key processes and vendor relationships across the IS portfolios.
In this position, the Executive Director, IS Strategy will be accountable for the following functions:
IS Business Management
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic planning and rhythm of the business structure for PSJH IS. This includes cadence, forums and business management metrics, scorecards, dashboards and templates to drive ongoing executive and monitoring of performance and key strategies across the organization. All of this, in support of IS transformation vision and PSJH Health 2.0 transformation goal.
IS Financial Management and Long-Range Planning
- In partnership with PSJH system finance, streamline financial processes to monitor and manage budget, forecast and long range planning for investments and de-investments in support of our priorities.
IS People Processes
- In partnership with PSJH HR Team, build and drive processes such as talent reviews, rewards and recognition and the sponsorship of caregiver engagement initiatives that align with PSJH mission and values.
Governance Process for IS Priorities
- Responsible for building and driving governance processes to ensure all IS efforts and resources are appropriately allocated to the right strategic priorities.
IS Special Reports
- Responsible for specific projects aimed to optimize, simplify and streamline processes and vendor relationship across IS.
- Oversee and lead the work of a group of caregivers via a direct reporting relationship. Demonstrate the ability to delegate, provide oversight and direction, and lead a highly sustainably engaged team of caregivers that achieves its goals. Empower caregivers to take responsibility for their work by promoting accountability and providing regular feedback. Support caregiver recruitment and retention, including providing performance management, recognition, and growth & development planning.
Above all, we are looking for a servant leader whose personal and professional background demonstrates a genuine passion for the mission and core values of Providence St. Joseph health. You have a style that emphasizes, openness, collaboration, visibility, and connectivity. A strong, confident, results-oriented, and decisive leader with a focus on operations and the details of execution. You can articulate how your work improves healthcare delivery in the communities that we serve.
Required experience and qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Planning, Finance, or related discipline.
A minimum of 12 years of experience in planning, business development, finance or closely related field.
A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in management or supervisory positions.
Demonstrated analytical skills and data-driven approach.
Knowledge of financial principles and practices and the ability to apply them effectively.
Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interactions and problem identification and resolution.
Excellent organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability to define, develop, and analyze performance measures and metrics.
Preferred experience and qualifications include:
Master's Degree in Business Administration, Planning, Finance or a related discipline.
Training and experience in process quality, process optimization frameworks such as GE"s Change Acceleration Process (CAP), Work-out, Six Sigma and/or comparable process improvement discipline is considered valuable.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 242420