Providence Health & Services Director, Strategy and Business Design in Renton, Washington
Providence is calling a Director, Strategy and Business Design to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Director, Strategy and Business Design to be accountable evaluating performance, strategic planning, service architecture design and implementation in collaboration with business owners primarily across business operations improvement, cost-savings and strategic division programs.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Lead end-to-end strategy and business design program development, evaluation and strategic direction. This includes continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of REH supply chain operations to determine if performance is currently meeting the needs of the organization and subsequently visioning a ‘future state’ with associated benefits and expected outcomes.
• Focus on transforming areas with REH influence by diagnosing current state and defining future aspirations. These areas include but are not limited to: procure-to-pay excellence, ERP rollout, food and nutrition, environmental services, clinical engineering/technology management, energy and capital equipment.
• Functionally, the DSBD will lead evaluation of the current state of REH priorities, defining future state objectives with rationale, syndication with REH and Providence leadership, blueprinting the path to the future state, determining capabilities needed and gaps to execute, developing the timeline and business case, organizing and leading the performance transformation and reporting out to leadership on progress.
• Beyond supply chain operations and the areas mentioned, the DSBD will lead work cycles that follow similar structure across the other REH service delivery functions to achieve similar outcomes within each function. These activities will be prioritized with REH leadership to balance time and resources
• Stay informed on industry trends and innovation in REH service segments and ensure best practices, disruptive technologies and key industry developments and disseminated across REH.
• Work closely with caregivers in the field and Providence and REH leadership to understand current state performance and opportunities for future state optimization.
• Oversee a team of Senior Managers, Managers, Analysts, Senior Engineers and Engineers to ensure strategic programs are resourced and executed
• The DSBD will also assist the REH Business Intelligence and Performance team in developing performance metrics and master data requirements that correspond with service design attributes around experience, delivery, quality and cost.
Required qualifications for this position include:
BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Operations Research or Engineering or has demonstrated required skills in a similar field or equivalent experience (i.e. consulting, enterprise strategy).
MA degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Operations Research, Public Administration, or a related field is preferred but not required.
The position requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in enterprise strategic planning or management consulting with demonstrated experience leading strategic planning and project management for large multinational corporations.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business design with demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams to design and innovate in business processes and services
About the department you will serve.
Supply Chain Management supports the transformation of quality and affordable care by delivering excellence through a system wide, integrated supply chain that provides strategic leadership and services to customers and caregivers. This team is proud to be the service that fills the caring hands that heal patients.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Director/Executive
Req ID: 264057