Providence Health & Services Care Access Liaison PSJH in Renton, Washington
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling an Care Access Liaison PSJH to our location in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Care Access Liaison PSJH to provide patient-centered, coordinated access to the complex network of facilities, institutes, and clinics. As they do so, they foster and nurture relationships with existing patients and those seeking treatment. Care Access includes ‘find a physician’ navigation within a health network, scheduling appointments and classes, providing tier 1 technical support with patient health applications, and functioning as an entry point and informational resource for patients into the health system. This position is part of the Patient Engagement Center (PEC) team, which provides high-touch, personalized assistance to patients across Providence St. Joseph Health regions and provider networks.
The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes Providence St. Joseph Health's mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, he/she serves as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Develop strong understanding of healthcare services and networks and answers a wide variety of related patient questions.
• Schedule appointments and/or coordinates with facilities/clinics to provide timely appointments.
• Provide tier 1 technical support for assistance with health care applications (such as MyChart and mobile applications).
• Register patients and the public for classes
• Assist patients with access to educational, emotional and financial resources.
• Educate referred patient about travel directions, parking information, dining and lodging near clinical services.
• Ask probing questions to fully understand patient needs, and performs the work required to provide an answer to patient or referring provider’s needs internally, so the customer only has to call us once (first call resolution).
• Respond promptly to patient and physician office referral requests or inquiries via phone, fax, online, chat.
• Utilize patient search criteria (condition, geographic location, insurance, etc.) to select the best referral option.
• Introduce patients to service line staff and remains on the line as required for more detailed questions or referral needs.
• Serve as the ongoing liaison for patients as required; reaches out to patients as necessary to ensure satisfaction.
• Follow up with patients who were to call a specialist to schedule their appointment but don't follow through.
• Recommend potential products or services to patient by analyzing customer needs.
• Communicate effectively via phone, e-mail, chat, instant message, etc.
• Document patient contacts and referral information; track and follow-up on open action items timely.
• Become knowledgeable of and proficient with Patient Engagement Center processes and technology, including a phone system, health information system (Epic), provider directory tool, and customer relationship management (CRM) system.
• Participate in department continuous quality improvement processes, and takes ownership for ongoing performance development.
• Maintain a sense of pride and ownership for the program and care of each patient.
• Maintain confidentiality of all interactions.
• Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
• Communicate and coordinates with colleagues to get answers or assistance when necessary.
• Listen, discuss and accept constructive feedback, applies changes when necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 years customer service experience, preferably in a health care environment
• 2 years experience interacting with and engaging customers virtually over the phone
• Highly developed service and exceptional communication skills, including a personable, professional presence over the phone
• Ability to be patient and maintain a professional, calm, and appropriately empathetic demeanor when working with patients that may have serious health needs
• Demonstrated proficiency of computer skills and use of clinical and office software applications, including a phone queue system
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to learn new processes, a complex delivery system, and technology quickly, and aptitude for continuous change and department growth
• Ability to develop and maintain strong, positive working relationships with team members, leaders, clinic staff, and other partners.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• 1 year Technical support experience
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management (Non-Clinical)
Req ID: 241644